So I've had an interesting few days.
Yesterday, I was making ringtones for when people call me or text me, so I know immediately who it is before I even pick up the phone. I was browsing through a few of my songs, and since I hadn't listened to a few before I looked up the lyrics.. While I browsing through lyric sites, I was forwarded to this "free" virus scan site, and a pop up came up saying "warning you have viruses doing a free scan" I know this is bogus, so I (made the mistake) and clicked cancel. oppppssss, when you get a popup like that you DONT click on it. You shut it down through your task manager.
So, thinking I avoided it, I went back to browsing and creating ringtones.. Couple hours later at about midnight, I did some more googling, and I wasn't going to any link I clicked on. At all, I was getting forwarded to bogus search engine sites, or the "free" virus scan. Everything kept getting worse. So I cleared all my cookies, did a virus scan. Nothing, I know there is something wrong, so I go out and get Ad-aware and did a scan with that. Still nothing. I go out and get Spy-Bot, do a scan with that, and discover a registry change that did an Anti-virus override. Not good.
I do a wipe of that, and my problem goes away. Satisfied, I shut down my computer for the night.
The next day: I turn on my computer and try to look something up (Best Buy phone number) and again get forwarded to random site. I do another scan, and nothing shows up besides a tracking cookie.. which really isn't anything. Move on, I'm not able to discover anything, so I give up in defeat and shut down my computer to wait till my dad gets home.
Dad gets home and I show him my computer and tell him what is happening, he takes a look at it, and looks it up online. Several people have been stupid enough to get it as well. Crapola huh.
Several geek forums discuss on them trying to fix it, and there isn't very much success. So dad concludes not worth the trouble, and tells me to reformat my computer.
So right now, I'm in the process of reformatting my silly laptop, oh joy, this should take all night. But at least this happened while my dad is home, because he is leaving for England on Saturday, and will be gone for two weeks. During such time, I'll be heading back to college, so kinda good timing, kinda not. Cause I was dumb enough to get the trojan in the first place. *sigh*
What a day.
Welcome to "In my Own Little Corner"
I Hope you enjoy reading my sporadic and quirky entry's!
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment