Welcome to "In my Own Little Corner"

I Hope you enjoy reading my sporadic and quirky entry's!


Monday, May 25, 2009

Oh thoughts the thoughts!

I wonder how many people actually read blogs when they receive the invitation to check it out, or do we who write just do it as some type of journal?
I suppose I'll find out if people post comments. :)

I'm not the type of girl everyone expects.. I can come across as pretty shy, quiet, and the type who sticks to myself.
Well, I'm quiet, because I prefer to observe in groups I dont know much about, I listen to the conversation and think about what is being said, if I think of something to say, I wait for chance to say it without interrupting someone else. But often the subject turns to something else before I can get a chance, so I end up saying nothing except nodding my head and listening.
Other times if I am talking to one person, and I ask them a question, I'll stand there, listen, and maybe make a comment to encourage you to keep talking. I enjoy being the listening type.
Now, about anyone can get me talking, if I am comfortable around you, if not, I'll stick with what I'm saying to what you asked, or what the topic is. I am comfortable I will talk, and talk, and jump from subject to subject. I'm a hard train to stop once I get going when it comes to talking. lol
I'm shy, when I am not comfortable in the situation I am currently in, or I don't know the people I am with. I am trying to get over this, because I end up with no one talking to me unless they are overly outgoing and just loves to say to new people like Kara. :) Getting stuck with no one talking to you, or whatever is getting frustrating to no end. So I think at College, I'm going to be one of those people who say hi to people, and be nice to those who are like me, quiet, shy and in a new place. Make them feel welcome and comfortable like Kara has done for me.

It seems as if I stick to myself, but I would LOVE if people actually talked to me, came over and started a topic.. Just ask me a question and I will talk! Just.. not many people do, feels like I have a sign over my head saying "Stay away, I dont want to talk to you" But really, I enjoy it.
At times I try to walk over to people and ask a question, but most of the time, they reply with a short answer and leave it at that, so gives me the impression they dont want to talk to me, so I move on, and.. just walk around.

If you REALLY get me comfortable around you, I will talk your ears off.. and will act like myself.

I'm actually quite the quirky one, I enjoy good jokes and a sense of humor, at times I can get pretty.. bubbly? lol And will do all sorts of silly things that some might think makes a total fool of myself, but I really dont care if I am enjoying myself. But I have to be enjoying myself, if I get the impression people think my behaivor is "not normal" I will shut down and be reserved, which gets.. lonely. Wish I had John's attitude andbe goofy all the time with everyone it seems, must be nice!

I'm not your average teenager, I love books, singing, writing, cooking, drawing, video games of all sorts, I can sow too! (basic stuff, hemming, patches, fixing ripped seams.. and an occasional skirt)
Get me comfortable and you might be surprised, find the real me not many people get access to.
I guess I've got this little bubble around me, you just have to get inside. Rita, and Kara and Lory have worked their way in.. Anyone else want to join the adventure? lol

I really enjoy music, almost any type except for Death Metal, hard rock, some rock, rap, and country.
I have a large collections of artists from the 70's to modern ones. If you are curious to as what I listen to, just steal my ipod sometime, (but really DONT steal it. lol)

Movies, I love lots of movies.. But I'm more prone to watch action adventure, cool movies with explosions n stuff over romances. lol Weird eh? I love scifi movies, I have a list of 15 somewhere.... eh post later.

I do alot of drawing when I can sit still long enough to accomplish something, I've got two potraits done, (though I only show one, even though both is good, first one I ever did is kinda.. embarrasing.) alot of sketches of hands, and flowers.. With some random collection of digital pictures I've been doin nowadays. I'll hook you up with those later.

I do talk dont I.
I sing occasionally, I enjoy singing with music, though I sound bad with headphones. lol
I got a thing from my dad, I burst out with random singing sentances of what I currently doing at the time, or make up random tunes and words. Sometimes mixing three or more songs together. Goofy I know.

I have a habit of talking loud, and the more excited I get, or hyper, the louder I get.. If I'm really into what I am talking about, I'll get loud, real loud. So keep an eye out for that, or ear. lol

I try to make jokes on occasion, though I think most fall flat. Not many laugh, if they do its to say "your so silly" and move on.

I adore the color Green and orange.. would love to paint my room with the theme of Green and brown, and pictures of nature with that theme of colors.. Plants around my room and grass natureish decorations. I love Nature, and Tree's... I adore trees and mountains. (or hills with rocks. lol )

Driving to St. Louis we went through Tennessee, and I have to say, I loved it! Its a beautiful location. Would be lovely to live there someday.

I suppose you all are bored of reading by now, so I'll stop for now.
If your curious about anything about me or want to know my views on something, like rock music, theaters.. etc, just leave a comment!

2 comments:

  1. hey, i actually did enjoy reading your post! ;) you write a lot like i think...
    anyways, thought i'd leave a comment and answer your question about blogs. Most people use it as a sort of journal/mass e-mail thing... I do more the mass e-mail idea. I do have one suggestion for your blog, it might be a good idea to make your font a darker brown... it can be hard to read at times :)
    keep writing you'd be suprised how many people read and don't comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cracked up when you said that you seemed quiet and reserved. I still remember that last night at Elementry Ed camp at PCC when I was in the shower and I could hear you singing at the top of your lungs! You rock Jaqui!!!

    ReplyDelete